Any women who are pregnant needs to take good care and precautions for keep themselves and the baby in the womb healthy. When you are expecting your child, everyone including your mum to the cafe waitress would feel free to offer a safety precaution opinion as to what is safe for you and your baby. There are some special precautions during pregnancy which are to be taken by the mother for the well being of the baby in the womb.
Precautions to be taken while taking in Food During Pregnancy
Pregnancy can at times also suppress the immune system and thus can make women more vulnerable to a number of food based illness. While such kinds of illness are not serious and do not cause complications similar to miscarriage or premature labor. A change in diet can result in vomiting and at times diarrhea and makes it difficult for the baby to receive the nutrients needed. Some precautions during pregnancy after miscarriage are more important.
Pregnant women can include various foods in their diet which would help in the well being of the mother and the baby too.
- Raw or half boiled eggs can at times have bacteria which are harmful and can cause indigestion.
- A number of experts always suggest that fish and sea food can cause a number of infections.
- Meats too are to be avoided when pregnant. Any uncooked meat can cause a number of issues and some of them include stomach upsets as well.
- Avoid intake of semi soft cheeses or those that are made from unpasteurized milk.
- Pregnant women also need to avoid beverages like juices or salads or any caffeinated drinks.
- Intake of alcohol can cause a number of hearing as well as behavior problems in babies. One need not worry if you had one small drink before knowing you were pregnant, but one needs to avoid it once known.
- Avoid taking any kind of herbal medications or herbs as a number of these has very little or absolutely no information about taking them during pregnancy.
- If you are looking for some relief from everyday problems like vomiting or constipation or common cold or flu, it is always suggested that a pregnant women takes the suggestion of her doctor before taking in any pills. Instead of medicines or drugs, she can take in some natural remedies like warm water and honey or using salt water for nasal rinse and so on.
- Also the pregnant women needs to reduce the intake of nicotine as it would reduce the birth weight and if you are looking for a substitute, then it is important that you talk to your doctor about the same.
- Always include exercise in your daily routine. You can start with some simple exercises and also try spending time on gardening or with hot tub baths and so on.
What the pregnancy stage you are in, it is always important to take good care with taking precautions during first month of pregnancy.
Precautions During the First trimester
Most of the organs of the baby start forming during the first trimester and hence the mother should take proper precautions during first three months of the pregnancy.
- Proper check-up by a gynecologist is an important routine that should be followed by the expectant mother
- Medicines are to be avoided during the first three months as they may hamper the growth and development of the fetus.
- It is advisable to avoid sauna baths or other hot tub baths.
- As the blood pressure tends to rise during pregnancy, it is recommended to take proper notice of it and that to at regular intervals.
- During the first two to three months, it is prudent to avoid sex to minimize the risk of miscarriages.