Pregnancy is known to be the most beautiful experience any woman can have and most of them are excited once they know that they are pregnant. This is not only good news for her alone but it is for entire family. These nine months are the most challenging months for a woman in her life. As the body undergoes a number of changes a pregnant woman need to be extra careful about their self as well as their surroundings. Diet should be on the top of the list in order to ensure a smooth pregnancy. If you as a pregnant woman are confused on what to eat during pregnancy, do read on to know more.
There are some foods which need to be avoided and some foods to eat during pregnancy, which are to be for sure included in the diet.
What Can I Eat During Pregnancy?
This is the 1st question comes in the mind of every pregnant women. Let us answer this for you. A well balanced diet is more important when you are pregnant. A nutritious diet with enough proteins, and fats, that also contains needed carbohydrates, minerals and vitamins are very much needed diet during pregnancy. Intake of proper nutrients will help to grow healthy bones, organs and cell tissues in baby.
Some of the Foods and Nutrients to Eat During Pregnancy are:-
- Cabbage, cauliflower and all green and leafy vegetables such as collard greens, Swiss chard and spinach are rich in vitamins A, C, K, folic acid, iron and are good for growing healthy tissue. Before conception, mothers can add folic acid supplement and leafy greens to their diet as they help to prevent neural tube defects. Leafy greens are also rich in magnesium and vitamin B12. Healthy eating during pregnancy is very beneficial for mother to be as well as the baby.
- It is advised to have four or more apples a week as they are rich in fibre and vitamin C and can help in reducing the incidence of asthma.
- Other food to eat during pregnancy is sweet potatoes rather than that of white potatoes as they contain large amount of Vitamin A and C and even contain good amount of dietary fiber. Intake of healthy food during pregnancy is very important.
- Nuts are the richest source of protein and one can even carry them with an ease. Compared to other nuts one can prefer almonds as they are rich in Vitamin E and manganese, even cashews are rich in magnesium. If you are wondering about what to eat during pregnancy for healthy baby, then never skip on nuts.
- Blueberries are good food to eat during pregnancy as they contain vitamin C, manganese and are full of antioxidants.
- One can get a plenty of selenium, niacin and vitamin B6 apart from protein when they add lean organic chicken to their pregnancy diet. Chicken also contains some omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids.
- One can have bread that is high in fiber and folic acid.
- The best source for calcium which is useful in development of baby’s bones is low fat organic yogurt which is also rich in protein. Organic yogurt contains good bacteria and is one of the perfect foods to include in diet if you are taking antibiotics.
- Beans such as red and black beans, pinto and lentils should be included in the diet as they are rich in fiber, protein, folate and tryptophan. These beans also contain mineral called molybdenum which helps to detoxify sulfites.
- Black grapes, banana, ripe mango, dates, apricot are very beneficial.
The above mentioned are the foods, which can be included in the diet of a pregnant woman.