Pregnancy at 5th Week – What to Expect
A five weeks pregnancy goes through numerous changes because of shifting hormones.Changes during these times are external as well as interval. It is a sigh of relief for an expectant mother after passing the first month and now her reaction is I am 5 weeks pregnant. It is advisable to schedule an appointment with a doctor at this time.
Symptoms of Pregnancy at 5 Weeks
If you are not able to find the symptoms of five weeks pregnancy just find out the below mentioned list. The following list are pregnancy symptoms at five weeks pregnant women:-
- Vaginal bleeding – Some spotting is normal but in most cases 5 weeks pregnant and bleeding is a cause for concern. Heavy bleeding may result in a miscarriage
- Cramping – If bleeding accompanies cramping at 5 weeks pregnant it is a sign of upcoming miscarriage
- Fatigue – Numerous hormonal changes are mainly responsible for this tiredness and fatigue feelings.
- Breast tenderness – 5 weeks pregnant symptoms include tender and swollen breasts. Skin around nipples become darker because of excessive blood flow as the body starts preparing for breastfeeding.
- Frequency in urination – Cardiovascular changes as well as increased hormonal changes results in frequent passing of urine
- Morning sickness – One of the most common pregnancy symptom is nausea and sometimes it is accompanied by bouts of vomiting
- Abdominal cramps – When uterus starts stretching it can result in 5 weeks pregnant cramps but this are mild in nature and not harmful for a baby
- Constipation- Digestive process becomes slower as a pregnant body requires increased time to absorb nutrients present inside the blood vessels. It often leads to constipation.
- Excessive vaginal discharge – At five weeks vaginal discharge is white in color, thin and milky with a mild smell. It is a common occurrence but if it is accompanied by itching or redness, then it is a cause for concern
- Heightened smelling sense
- Feeling dizziness
- Food cravings
- Aversions to certain food items
- Excessive saliva
- Extreme thirst
- Cramps in legs and feet
- Mild pain in joints
Ultrasound at 5 Weeks
A medical practitioner usually recommends an ultrasound at five weeks to know about the actual condition of an unborn baby. 5 weeks pregnant, ultrasound shows the following findings-
- It is easy to detect a baby and gestational sac at five weeks. This is possible with the help of trans vaginal ultrasound.
- Measurement of baby and gestational sac is only five mm at this point and in a photocopy, it looks like a black colored spot inside uterus endometrium.
- An ultrasound can easily pick up heartbeats of a baby at even five weeks
Baby at Five Weeks
People generally ask what to expect at 5 weeks pregnant for a baby, but they are unaware of an important fact. At five weeks, a baby is ready to start most of its development and the rate of its growth process is simply astounding. Some important aspects are as follows-
- At five weeks a baby is nearly one- two millimeter in length
- Vital organs of a baby start growing at this time.
- Embryonic tissues starts forming structure for a heart and soon the heart starts beating because it has its own blood vessels and circulation of blood has already started
- Umbilical cord at five weeks is very short
- Brain of a baby starts developing at a rapid rate.
- Spinal cord emerge at this time and nervous system also starts developing