Twenty-Ninth Week of Pregnancy: Week by Week
|Third Trimester||27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40|
My Baby at 29 Weeks Old
At 29 weeks a baby has developed all his organs and his growth is now near completion. Following are some organ developments visible at this time:-
- During 29th week internal organs like digestive tract, lungs and muscles continue to grow and mature. Airways in fetus continue to mature while numbers of alveoli and bronchioles go on increasing. If a baby is born at 29th week then he will be able to breathe on his own. Respiratory system keeps on maturing until a child is of eight years.
- Baby at 29 weeks is 15.2 inches in length and 2.5 pounds in weight
- A baby starts looking like a newborn at 29 weeks as downy hair starts disappearing,
- Size of head grows so as to support developing and growing brain. The part of brain which is responsible for intelligence and personality of a baby matures at 29 weeks. Nerve cells are produced in billions as they will stop once a baby comes out of womb.
- Formation of permanent-teeth buds start in 29 weeks fetus.
- It is seen that a white layer of fat accumulates beneath a baby’s skin. It is in contrast with brown fat that was earlier present. Difference between brown and white fat is that brown helps in maintaining body temperature whereas white is an energy source. As a baby is inside a womb regulation of body temperature becomes necessary to keep a baby warm.
- A baby becomes more and more responsive to sound and light and his eyes start focusing
29 Weeks Pregnant Weight Gain
If a woman is 29 weeks pregnant, her idyllic weight gain must be between 19 and 25 pounds. One must consult a doctor in cases of both under and overweight. Uterus also rises above the bellybutton at nearly 3.5 -4 inches.
Symptoms For a 29 Week Pregnant Woman
- Frequent urination
- Depression or excessive mood swings
- Itchy skin
- Hot flashes
- Stretch marks
- Spider veins
- Varicose veins
- False labor pains
- Disturbing dreams
- Pain in round ligament
- Pain in pelvic area
- Pain in back, joint and hips
- Cramps in legs
- Heartburn and indigestion
Ultrasound at 29 Weeks
At 29 weeks, a doctor rarely prescribes an Ultrasound. If he finds it necessary only then will he do so. At 29 weeks, a baby looks like a replica of himself at time of birth. One can easily hear a baby’s heartbeat through Ultrasound and catch him at different positions as he moves his thin limbs continuously. A 29 weeks pregnant video of ultrasound shoes a baby making various facial expressions. In many cases, a baby lies in breech position but as more time passes he/she changes its position to normal.