27 Weeks Pregnant How Many Months
As soon as a woman enters 27 week pregnancy she steps in third trimester and now is in her seventh month. Only thirteen weeks are now left for the baby to make his/her arrival in this world. This the time for a mother to be happy, take walks and maintain healthy lifestyle by eating healthy food at regular intervals.
27 Weeks Pregnant Symptoms
At 27th week of pregnancy following symptoms can be observed in a woman:-
- A baby starts putting pressure on bladder and it results in frequent urination
- Bloating, indigestion and gas are common symptoms at this time
- Bleeding and swelling in gums
- Pain in back, hips, joints and under ribs
- Skin around breasts, back and belly starts itching
- Cramps occur in legs
- Pain in tailbone and round ligament
- Cravings for certain food items
- Mood swings
- Sore throat
27 Weeks Pregnant What to Expect
At 27 weeks, one can expect the following body changes:-
- Nervous system and brain of a baby at 27 weeks continues its development and growth process. It starts controlling fetal organs and their activities. A vital change that occurs is expansion of characteristic grooves on brain’s surface while tissues in brain are forming.
- Fetal lungs of a 27 weeks fetus become mature as amniotic fluid is breathed in and out. Lungs still need a bit of time to function on their own.
- Strong fetal heartbeat can be heard by placing ears on a 27 weeks pregnant belly
- Reproductive organs are now in place as testes in male fetus descends in scrotum and all follicles of female fetus develops in growing ovaries
- His/her appearance takes on a distinctive quality and skin turns opaque
- Auditory nerves continue developing and enables hearing and voice recognition although any sound he hears is a bit muffled
- Taste buds of a fetus are highly developed
- A baby starts opening his/her eyes at this time and also responds to sudden noises with few blinks. The part of a human brain that is responsible for providing vision starts being active in 27th week as all structures of eyes are now in their proper lace
- At 27 weeks a baby has his own timing of sleeping and waking up. When a mother is active during daytime it feels like gentle rocking and he/she is at rest, but at night he/she wakes up in absence of any movement.
- 27 weeks pregnant baby moving is nearly 14.5 inches in length and weighs around 907 gm
- Pregnant belly continues to grow at this stage to accommodate growth of baby. Swelling in other parts because of extra body weight is a common occurrence during this time.
27 Weeks Pregnant Ultrasound
An Ultrasound at 27 weeks will show a baby in various actions. He/she might be engaged in activities such as yawning, punching, kicking, blinking of eyes and sucking thumbs. Fetal heartbeat at week 27 pregnancy is strong enough to be heard in an Ultrasound.